Working with an experienced Head Groundsman at a busy community sports club in SW London, looking after several different sports surfaces (including cricket, tennis, hockey, lacrosse, rugby and school sports), associated facilities and landscaped areas.
Responsibilities are as directed by the Head Groundsman, to:
• maintain a range of facilities to provide safe, high quality playing surfaces
• mark out and set up playing pitches
• safe use and operation of equipment and machinery
• minor repairs as required to clubhouse, outbuildings etc.
• minor construction and landscaping work
• keep work area clean, tidy and secure at all times
maintain good relationships with colleagues, members and other users
Enjoys working outdoors, with the challenge of maintaining high quality sports playing surfaces that can support heavy use. Flexible, approachable, a good team worker, self-motivated and keen to learn through a professional development programme.
You will have or be willing to gain:
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance
• a valid driving licence
• machinery competence (tractors, mowers, cultivators)
• formal training in manual handling
• awareness of Health and Safety Legislation
• pesticide certification
To apply please send a CV and covering letter by 15 January 2018 – to include relevant experience, current salary and the names of two referees – to Chris Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hours||Full or part-time|
|Salary||Up to £21,000 pro rata depending on experience|
|Region||London & East|
|Telephone||020 8874 2717|