National Account Manager – Bayer CropScience
We are recruiting for a National Account Manager in our Environmental Science Turf and Amenity Division – Field Based
Bayer CropScience is the leading UK provider of innovative crop protection solutions from seed to harvest and beyond, providing the industry with a wide range of solutions and services.
Bayer Environmental Science is a business unit of Bayer CropScience Ltd and comprises of two distinct market sectors: Turf and Amenity and Professional Pest Control Products. Within the Turf and Amenity team the business operates in the following market segments: Industrial Vegetation Management, Sports Turfs, Forestry and Ornamentals.
- In conjunction with the Head of Turf and Amenity Sales develop and implement robust short and medium term business development plans for individual accounts.
- Act as sector champion for Industrial Vegetation Management. Maintaining close links to customers and industry stakeholders in the areas of Industrial, local authority and rail weed control and providing leadership to the UK/I team
- Through strong customer relations, direct, control, motivate and develop the Key Accounts to ensure the achievement of sales, profit targets and other agreed account development objectives.
- Actively engage, present and motivate distributor sales teams and end users within each relevant industry to help drive a customer pull strategy.
- Strategically plan, propose and champion investments in the Trade marketing in coordination with the Marketing Department to ensure maximum Return on Investment is extracted from the total trade marketing expenditure and overall marketing spend.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical manager.
- Develop and maintain close links with key stakeholders in the market in order to establish a deep understanding of customer, market and competitor developments and to communicate that information effectively to the business.
- Work with the Head of sales and business planning team to ensure improvements in forecast accuracy to achieve set objectives.
- Work as a prominent and progressive member of the UK/I Professional Products Sales and Marketing team, promoting new ideas to help to ensure all KPIs for the overall business unit are met.
- Ensure adherence to Bayer’s standards of compliance as well as industry regulatory requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Detailed knowledge & successful experience of Key Account Management
- Relevant Industry Experience (Essential)
- Specific Industrial Vegetation Management industry experience (Preferred)
- BASIS qualified (preferred)
- Chemical/ Scientific Background
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- High level interpersonal / presentation skills & negotiation skills
- Demonstrate strong personal integrity
- Adaptable to change
- Willingness to take on drive and pioneer positive new initiatives
|Telephone||+44 (0)118 206 3000|